The LG HG2 (full part number INR18650-HG2 or LGDB1865), sometimes lovingly referred to as the LG Chocolate, is an amazing battery for people who need high capacity with high current output. This battery is rated very conservatively and outperforms many of the Chinese batteries with much higher amp ratings.
Note many of the versions on the market have a new warning text on them, but we have a large stock of the LG HG2 with no warning so at this time this battery has no warning on it.
Because this battery is so in demand, there are many fakes on the market. Fakes are getting even worse coming into the end of 2017 as the genuine battery price from LG is skyrocketing.
As always we’ve done extensive testing to be sure our stock is genuine so you can be confident you’ll get real authentic LG HG2 from us.
- Max Continuous Discharging Current: 20A
- Typical Capacity: 3000 mAh
- Style: Flat top
- Dimensions: 65.2 x 18.5 mm
- Weight: 48g
- Recommended discharge cut-off voltage: 2.0V
- Voltage: 3.6V
- Full Charge Voltage: 4.2V
- Origin: South Korea
- LG HG2 Spec Sheet
Batteries are sold individually.
Warning: Lithium ion batteries may explode or burn due to improper use. Using these batteries for purposes not intended by the manufacturer may cause severe injury and damage. We are not responsible for any injuries caused by lithium ion batteries – use at your own risk.
All rechargeable batteries have inherent risks under any circumstance. Use caution with working with li-ion batteries (lithium-ion), LiPo (lithium ion polymer), and any rechargeable cells (together “rechargeable batteries”), as they have dangerous charging characteristics and are known to explode or burn if mishandled. A purchaser and user of rechargeable batteries should educate themselves on rechargeable batteries, especially as to charging, discharging, assembly, and storage. Learn more about proper storage and care for rechargeable batteries here. We are not responsible for any damage caused by the misuse or mishandling of rechargeable batteries.
Here are a few tips:
- Never completely discharge batteries (below 2.5V under load or 3V unloaded)
- Charge fully (to 4.2V) before first use
- Never charge batteries to 4.3V or above
- Do not charge unattended
- Do not store you li-ion batteries fully charged for an extended period of time (weeks or more)
- If you must store your battery, only store in a case or individual box in a cool and dry place at approximately 3.6-3.7V
- Use only high quality battery chargers
- Do not expose to heat
- Do not connect the positive contact to the negative contact without an appropriate load
- Never exceed the battery’s specifications
- Never try to charge or discharge li-ion batteries with battery chargers that are not made for li-ion batteries
- Always charge these batteries on and within fireproof material
- Never leave rechargeable batteries in a recharging station unattended
- Do not use any rechargeable battery or charger if any visible damage is present, or if known mishandling, accidental or otherwise, has occurred
- Always store and transport rechargeable cells in a safe, non-conductive container (never keep a spare battery loose in a pocket, purse, etc. and always use protective cases)
- Properly dispose of all battery cells and chargers in accordance with local laws and mandates (if you’re unsure, contact your local municipality)
- If a rechargeable battery overheats, hisses, or bulges, immediately quarantine the battery from any combustible materials – ideally, take the battery outside
- If a rechargeable battery catches fire, the FAA recommends pouring water or soda on the battery and surrounding areas – ideally, use a foam extinguisher to quell the fire
By purchasing this product, you agree that seller makes no warranties whatsoever with respect to the goods sold on this website, including any (a) warranty of merchantability or (b) warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, whether express or implied by law, course of dealing, course of performance, usage of trade or otherwise. Buyer acknolwledges that it has not relied upon any representation or warranty made by seller, or any other person on the seller’s behalf. If purchasing for resale, buyer assumes all responsibility and agrees to forward all notifications and warnings to the purchaser.